What is the that is empowering women!
One thing you will learn about me as you read through my blogs is that I love the art of make up. I love looks that are bold colourful, and high fashion. However with age your skin changess and not for the better. As you age your skin loses its strength and elasticity. You may notice that your skin isn’t as smooth or tight as it once was. And “lines” may have started to show as early as in your 30s. When the skin becomes less elastic gravity makes eyebrows and eyelids droop, creates looseneess and fullness under the cheeks and jaw (jowls and double chin). All these factors makes it more of a challenge to apply make up.
Well for me the biggest compliment anyone could give me today is if someone was to say, “Wow Louise your skin looks amazing
So if like me and you use to love a bold eye, or heavy eyeliner these looks don’t necessarily compliment us anymore. They can actually have the opposite effect and make us look older. Also foundations and concealers can become our enemies not our friends.
So then why the no make up make up look. Well for me the biggest compliment anyone could give me today is if someone was to say, “Wow Louise your skin looks amazing”, not, “Wow Louise your foundation looks so good, what are you wearing?” I don’t want people to know I’m wearing foundation or any make up. You want people to look at your skin and say your skin looks amazing what have you been doing?
So this look is about enhancing your skin to look fresh. The key to achieving this look is to apply the right amount of make up so your skin looks healthy and natural like you have no make up on. This isnt exactly easy to achieve if you don’t have good skin to begin with so this look is a personal preference. If you are someone who has suffered with their skin over the years and you like your skin to look totally covered this is only achievable through a full coverage foundation and a no make up no make up look can’t be achieved with a heavy foundation and concealer as you can see them on the skin.
7 Steps to help you achieve your no makeup, makeup look like a pro.
1. Perfect your face with a hydrating tinted moisturizer. My favourite moisturizer is Heliocare 360 fluid cream this has a spf 50.
2. Apply a tinted or hydrating primer for extra glow. I have a few of these that are very good. Vita Liberates beauty blur in latte. Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow and Becca’s backlight priming filter these all give a luminous lit from within glow.
3. All you need to cover blemishes is to find the right shade of concealer that is a perfect match to your skin. My favourite is the dermacolor camourflage mini palette in medium. These are waterproof and don’t slide off. For under the eyes I have found the holy grail of correctors and that’s the Veil Complexion Fix in light. I would definitely look into buying this if you suffer from hereditary dark circles like myself. I have heard so many brands say that this particular products doesn’t sit in the lines underneath your eyes and they always do. However the Veil Complexion Fix keeps its promise.
4. Highlighter use
Iconic illuminating drops is by far the best liquid highlight. This is definitely the holy grail of highlighters. A few drops on the tip of your cheekbones just give you a nice healthy glow.
5. A basic mistake alot of people make is skipping the blush. It is important, but you don’t want to look like aunt Sally from Worzel Gummidge. You want to fake the flush. Like you’ve just come back from a light jog. I prefer a cream blush for this Daniel Sandler Watercolour liquid blush is a must have there are plenty of shades to choose from to match your skin tone.
6. When trying to get this look flawless I personally try to stay to all liquids, creams, mooses but that is my preference when trying this look you can see what suits your skin best.
7. Don’t forget the brows they need to be groomed. Don’t go crazy and overgroom them with pomade. Just set with a tinted gel that matches your hair color. Or just fill in the areas with a pencil where your hair is sparse and then set them with a clear brow gel.
Let me know your thoughts? Do you like this look? Have you tried it, and what are your favourite products?